Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Up yours, MCI!

Back in the day, when I had a "land line," MCI was my long distance carrier. I was living Ann Arbor, and reaching out and touching someone, etc., without a second thought. One month, I received a huge bill with a ton of calls originating in the far-flung mystery spot of Ann Harbor, Michigan. Ordering for a pizza cost about $4.00.

So I got on the horn with MCI, who bumped me back to SBC, who tossed this potato back in their laps. I asked them kindly to correct my bill, but nothing happened. In the meantime, I didn't pay them. I called them, wrote, faxed, emailed all my old bills, and even a map of Michigan. I would mysteriously get disconnected everytime I was on hold. After a few months of this, they didn't want to listen to my blather anymore, so they sent the bill into collections. The relentless bastards were calling me everyday and demanding their dollars.

I asked MCI for the phone number for their corporate office. Their response, "We do not have a corporate number." The phone company doesn't have a phone.

I probably owe them about $20 for my long distance. Bill collectors followed me for years, wanting to settle for $300. In the meantime, MCI went out of business and had some sort of fraud lawsuit. I would like to thank the good citizens of Ann Harbor for helping kill this corporate asshole.

1 comment:

mardenhill said...

Land Lines are for jerks. Wireless all the way for me, been this way for over 6 years.