Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Swear at Frigidaire

We bought an oven and dishwasher from Fridgidaire. Both were non-functional on arrival--pretty annoying, but not enough for me to write off a Michigan company. After two months and 3 visits from the repairman things appeared to be resolved.

I called up Fridgidaire with what I took to be the reasonable request that they extend my warranty--at least for the 2 months that I had non-functioning appliances. After a 45 minute phone call in which I alternated between arguing and waiting on hold, the jerks finally offered to give me a one month extension to the warranty. That seemed pretty insufficient, but I agreed. They asked me again to wait on hold while they prepared the warranty info. 10 minutes later I hung up, feeling like I had been seriously dicked over.

I think my biggest mistake was thinking that "Fridgidaire" (which clearly should handle cold-based appliances) could handle hot things like an oven or dishwasher.

Ever since that experience I've encouraged everyone I know: NEVER BUY FROM FRIGIDAIRE!!!

1 comment:

schnitzelbank said...

My Frigidaire dishwasher has smelled like Satan's ass crack for years. I annoint it with holy water on it regularly (bleach), but between the brand, and probably Rob's installation, it's a goner.
I need Jim to buy me a new one.