Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Bee Hive Should be Sprayed with RAID

4048 Packard St
Ann Arbor, MI 48108

The Bee Hive is a party store I have occasionally stopped at on my way home. They have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 parking spots, and I've seen maybe 3 of them filled at any given time. This surplus parking doesn't stop them from being grumpy about anyone using their spaces for Flower shop parking. They have 4 large signs (professionally painted on metal backing) proclaiming "NO FLOWER SHOP PARKING!!" It seems to have never crossed their mind that someone might actually want to both pick up some flowers and get beer.

Anyway, their crabby attitude always bugged me a bit, but the convenience factor kept me going back. Finally one day I stopped there to pick up ice cream for my kid. When the stinky assholes behind the counter saw that I was only getting a quart of ice cream and no alcohol they started making quiet jokes to each other. They asked to see my ID, and one said there was a lot of alcohol in the ice cream. The first said, "don't tell him that--he probably won't buy it!" These jerks were used to selling exclusively liquor and cigarettes to other stinky bastards and seemed to enjoy poking fun at the lack of alcohol in my purchase. I didn't really get the joke, but I did get annoyed enough to go elsewhere from now on.

The only time I'll be parking in the Bee Hive lot from now on is to pick up flowers.

No comments: